I am a critical thinker because I
- am honest with myself, acknowledging what I don't know, recognize my limitations, and am watchful of my own errors.
- regard problems and controversial issues as exciting challenges.
- strive for understanding, keeping curiosity alive, remaining patient with complexity and am ready to invest time to overcome confusion.
- set aside personal preferences and base judgments on evidence, deferring judgment whenever evidence is insufficient.
- revise judgments when new evidence reveals errors.
- am interested in other people's ideas, so I become willing to read and listen attentively, even when I disagree with the other person.
- practice fair-mindedness, and seek a balanced view.
- practice restraint. I control my feelings rather than being controlled by them, and think before acting.